“As a leader, you can increase productivity and morale while positively impacting your bottom line.”
-Safety Council President, Kristina Downing, SPHR
At the Springfield-Clark County Safety Council we enable your organization to take advantage of the savings afforded by eliminating or reducing workplace injuries and illnesses, while increasing productivity and morale.
Come together with a group of like-minded business people to recognize, create, and/or act upon business opportunities in the Greater Springfield area.
The Springfield-Clark County, hosted by the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce and funded by the Ohio Division of Safety & Hygiene, is one of 81 Ohio safety councils. The division of Safety & Hygiene is funded by a small portion of your employer workers’ compensation premiums. Funding provides for a number of direct and indirect services available to the employer.
Membership is open to all, regardless of Chamber of commerce membership status, and currently includes companies in Clark, Champaign, Fayette, Greene, Montgomery and Madison counties. There is no membership fee.
To qualify for the BWC Safety Council rebate, you must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Employers meeting all safety Council rebate eligibility requirements that are not enrolled in a group- rating- program will earn a 2% participation rebate on their premium and the potential of an additional 2% performance bonus.
- Employers meeting all Safety Council rebate eligibility requirements that are also enrolled in a group- experience- rating program have the potential to earn a 2% performance bonus.
- Employers meeting all Safety Council rebate eligibility requirements that are also enrolled in a group- retrospective rating program will earn a 2% participation rebate.
- Timely submissions of the semi- annual safety reports.
- Send a qualified senior- level manager or CEO to one meeting per fiscal year. CEO event held each November. Attend 10 meetings/ events per fiscal year- July through June- at least 8 through the local Safety Council. Employers have the option to earn a maximum of 2 external training credits. You get credit for up to 2 meetings through attendance at BWC’s safety training courses or industry specific training.
- To earn a performance bonus, employers must reduce either the severity or frequency of injuries in their workplace by 10% or maintain both a zero. BWC will calculate the performance bonus based on claims data
- Employers must have active coverage status and no outstanding BWC balance to qualify.
- The Safety Council fiscal year is July 1- June 30.
- The rebate offer excludes self- insuring employers and state agencies