Hire an Intern for Your Business This Summer: Post Your Job Openings for Free
27 Jan 2022
Springfield and Clark County employers can participate in the Greater Springfield Partnership’s summer internship program by posting available high school internship positions. Our team is actively recruiting high school students to fill internship roles throughout the county. Through a combination of advertising and in-person school visits, we are focused on connecting as many students and employers as possible for the Summer 2022 session.
To post jobs or learn more about talent recruiting initiatives click here.
Why Businesses Should Participate In the Magnify Internship Program
The Magnify Internship program is designed to match Clark County high school students with local employers. Employers will be able to make their own hiring decision. Exposing students to your company and potential job opportunities now increases the likelihood that they will want to work there upon graduation. Participating is one of the easiest ways to build your talent pipeline.
“The Magnify Internship program provides employers with talent and students with an opportunity to contribute to the establishment of a strong talent pipeline in the community,” said Kendra Burnside, Talent & Education Coordinator for the Greater Springfield Partnership. “We work closely with businesses to guide them through the process and to make sure that the experience is a positive one for everyone involved.”
During the internship students will:
- Complete the Magnify Internship Training Day
- Complete & review the YouScience assessment and learn more about your strengths
- Have an opportunity to apply for local internships
During the internship employers will:
- Provide a meaningful work experience
- Provide necessary training
- Give positive and constructive feedback regularly
- Assign a dedicated mentor/supervisor for the student intern
- Make a short-term commitment to keep an intern for 8-12 weeks
- Communicate any significant issues regarding the intern's attendance, behavior, or well-being to the talent & education coordinator (We are here to help solve any challenges!)
Join Industry Leaders in Hiring Interns This Summer
If you are a business in Clark County, Ohio, join the Greater Springfield Partnership and other industry leaders in making the summer of 2022 a significant year for talent development.